BLACK AND WHITE PROCESS:
- Process image using camera raw, slightly over saturating the image.
- Open the image into Photoshop, and create a new fill layer above image, setting this to 50% grey.
- Change blending mode to colour.
- Create a selective colour adjustment layer, and adjust each colour to change the tones on the image.
HIGH PASS FILTER
- Flatten a processed image, and duplicate the layer.
- Menu/Filter/High Pass.
- Set the filter to approximately 12%.
- Change blending mode to overlay.
CUTTING OUT OBJECTS
- Duplicate the background layer.
- Use the magic wand tool, holding down shift to select multiple areas.
- Select the inverse area.
- Contract the selection by a few pixels.
- Feather the selection by the same number of pixels.
- Balance the lighting when the selection is placed over another image.
ADDING A SHADOW
- Duplicate cut out, and select layer.
- Create a new layer, hiding the previous layer.
- Fill the selection in black, and transform the fill to look like a shadow.
- Drop the opacity and add a motion blur.